Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Project

This title is not a reference to our neighborhood.
Not if we don't look out to see the view to the north anyway.

I found a new addiction a few days ago.
It's called quilting. I cannot stop it no matter how hard I try.

It stated out with organizing the craft section of the storage room.

The variety of fabric remnants from previous projects prompted me to start working on my very first quilt.

I called my friend, Annamarie, "the quilting grandma" to find out if there are any rules I should know about before I begin. She was not home, so I started with no rules to follow.

I cut millions of little rectangulars and made bigger rectangulars from them ..... just had a good time.
I use Grandma Houghton's breakfast table for the assembly area.






There is a time in every grandma's life to start quilting.


















Next day, Annamarie appeared from San Diego and learned about my new adventure.

She promptly came over to our house with the basic quilting supplies: a cutting board, a pizza cutter like thing, a ruler and some instructions.... like I have to cut all my pieces to the same size. BUMMER!
She ruined my fun! She said what I am making is called the crazy quilt.


I don't care what you call it!
I LIKE IT!
I am already thinking about the next quilt I will make after this one.
Having to do the CAHSEE (California High School Exit Exam) in my school is slowing me down though, but it pays for some fabric.
Mark is loading up the property with more oak still!
We had a clean yard for a minute and then he went to the forest with the chainsaw.

2 comments:

Lana said...

what a fun hobby, you can make baby Ziggy some really cute quilts!!

DesertDopps said...

Looks really cute, Bea! I think you are doing a great job. Keep up the crazy quilting. Sounds like fun!
Val