Sunday, February 15, 2009

New Hobby, New Hair

You can't quilt with long hair!

Don't ask why....it just sounds good and gives me a reason why I had to get rid of my hair.

The real reason is though, I cannot stand pony tail and that's all I did wear, since I really cannot stand hair near my face.


So here it is! My new hair and my first quilt:
























I finished all the components on Thursday and took it to Annamarie's quilt studio.

I made it bigger than what she could fit on her quilting machine, so we ended up taking it to another friend's house who has a larger table. Annamarie did the quilting in an hour. It would have taken me months to do it by hand. She even made me a label for it.


























This was our Valentine's Day present.


Mark took me to JoAnn's for more Valentine's Day fun.
I have 4 new quilts in the works already.

I needed fabric to make another quilt from the fabrics leftover after finishing the first quilt made from leftovers.

I have the whole thing figured out!

After each quilt, we have leftover fabric, but not enough to make another one, so we buy more fabric to make a new one.

When that's done...we have leftover fabric, but not enough to make another quilt, so we buy more fabric to make a new quilt.

When that's done....I already said what follows didn't I?

Thus... quilters stay busy forever and ever!


Not only we stay busy on the sewing machine, but we grow out of the house.

Eventually, we need a quilt studio to house all the crap...I mean... scraps that involves with quilting. Pretty soon, we have a room that looks like a small version of a JoAnn's store.

At least that's what my friend Annamarie has.


We did another shopping spree to Winco.
That store saved us so much money, I can buy even more fabrics now!
I cannot believe the prices they have! $3.98 /lbs Filet Mignon. Never heard of such a thing!
We ended up paying $180 for twice as much food as I normally buy at Stater Brothers for that price.
Incredible!
I wish the Winco would be closer to us!


We had Thai dinner (my favorit) in Banning to finish off the Valentine's blast.


When we got home, we noticed that my Spitzers is not feeling too jolly.
He did not eat all day and didn't even like his snack.
We found a tick on the top of his head. We performed immediate operation.
He ended up with a hole on his little head.



















He spent the night on the fainting couch and was as good as new by morning.

1 comment:

Devin and Becky said...

I love the butterflies! Awesome Job!