Monday, January 19, 2009

Is It Spring Yet?

We had a yard cleaning weekend. While sane people are taking a day to rest, compulsive ones are raking the yard.
What a mess we had! It took two of us two long days of hard work to get two yards cleaned up.
Two huge trailer loads to the dump....two dogs to watch us slave...two of everything...
The snow storm we had before Christmas caused so much damage, half of Pine Cove collapsed.
My neighbor's hovel is still standing though! Darn it!!!

Really, we lost half of the Manzanitas and all of the skinny, little trees. Many of the pine and cedar branches fell all over our yards and of course some of my wood piles gave up and hit the ground.

Too much work for grandparents to handle!
It was a big mistake to end slavery!

Our reward was that we still got to run the doggies out to the beach on Sunday afternoon.



















Our trail needs some work as well as it has some fallen branches on it and one big pine tree
fell down blocking part of it.
Never a break around here! Now that I am a grandma, I am ready for Country Club living.

I am also ready for some gardening, but the next storm is moving in already by this weekend.
My gardening consists of raking and growing wood piles for now.



















Buck enjoys the little bit of snow left on the beach and he cannot wait to get some more.
Anyone knows how to teach doggies to do yard cleaning?

2 comments:

Lana said...

what a beautiful tree behind mark and buck.

sounds like a lot of work , in the cold, brrrr!

durk said...

I cleaned my yard once. Thank goodness for mexicans. Sorry they arent willing to climb your mountain. They tend to stay in their natural habitat...flat deserts, home depot parking lots, and swap meets. Hum..that reminds me...I want tacos for dinner.
Love you guys-durk