Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Maiden Voyage


















Well, today I took it on the maiden voyage after 12 years of dormancy. The poor 76 CJ5 sat abandoned in garages and in the yard never once fired up or driven. It still had the old 1997 gasoline, oil, filters...etc.

After the last few weeks of changing everything, I installed a new battery, added clean fuel and it fired right up! I did not even have to rebuild the Holley carb. The only problem was the breaks.

Changing out the master cylinder and a good flush & bleed I fired it up again, drove it up the street and back.


















Here we go......


















Holy Cow! What a feeling!
It was like my old pal and I were never separated.
Noted a few things to tweek here and there before I take it out again.
Next time, a short jaunt to the filling station to get a big drink.
AND THEN....with a full tank of fuel, out to the woods!!!!!!!!

Oh happy days are here again!
Now maybe my wife will get off my back about fixing the Jeep.

2 comments:

durk said...

my heart is pounding. What a crap load of memories. Some we may still need therapy for. That jeep is every thing good about living in Lancaster. (pre wife and children days anyway. I'm thinkin.....there has to be some 3rd or 4th generation clay ravens with a bounty on their heads.

I feel your excitment!
Durk

Bryce D. said...

That is awesome! It lives! I love the Magnum PI stripes on the side. Classic. =)