Friday, April 3, 2009

A Dishwasher Story

Santa gave me a gift card for Christmas that said, it is valid for any dishwasher of my choice.

I picked one about two months ago. It was a stainless steel from Sears, and it was supposed to be delivered and installed on a Monday. All for $500.

The delivery man called to reschedule for the following Saturday morning.

It was 4:00 pm on that Saturday, no dishwasher, no delivery man, no phone call.

I called Sears and told them to cancel the order and give me a refund. We paid $150 for the unreliable delivery and installation service. I find that a bit high for a NO service.

So...back to the drawing board, we had to hunt for another dishwasher.

Two days ago, I had a date with my husband in Palm Desert to go to Lowe's and the machine I picked this time is the one you see bellow.

























A Whirlpool, energy saving... yadayadayada... in white this time, to make my kitchen brighter.

This time, no delivery and installation. We loaded it into the back of the truck and Mark volunteered ... hm ...with some arm twisting ... to install it.

Well....

I guess it was not my destiny to get a white dishwasher, because we opened the package and what they gave us is this:


























A stainless steel Whirlpool, energy saver, much nicer and $200 more than the white one I choose.
They forced me into it. If it were a cheaper one, we would have probably returned it, but what the heck!

So my darling husband installed it. He is so brave. He didn't even use any bad words during the painful 3-4 hours. He took a few Aspirins and considered it a plumbing challange. He said, he will not touch plumbing for another, at least, 5 years.
Too bad, because the new kitchen faucet has been sitting in the laundry room waiting to be installed since we bought the house, in 2003. I guess it has to sit there until 2014.

1 comment:

Price Family Connection said...

That's a beautiful dishwasher -- I'm glad the story turned out in your favor!