Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Truck Unloader

I didn't know we needed one.
Mark didn't know we needed so many quilts, so we are even.

He is always coming up with new ideas. This time it is a conveyor belt with a hand crank to unload the truck bed. Especially handy when we have heavy loads like oak or river rocks.



















Installation...



















Ready to load up.



















I got loaded! It is a pretty clever operation.
No more sore backs from climbing in and out. I can see it now, pulling out a load of river rock right onto my toes instead of my usual back ache. What a trade!

Trying out our new masterpiece, Mark found a nice load of oak, in the forest, on his way home.






































Here is the unloader in action.























































Now it's time to organize the yard again.
Never a break!

3 comments:

Price Family Connection said...

Tom and I were so impressed by this invention. Great innovation Uncle Mark!

Bryce D. said...

That's amazing! Now if you can invent something to load three kids in and out of their car seats I will provide the funding for a prototype!

durk said...

Put a crank on the other end so you can load and unload, and this truck owner will get one too. Its getting harder and harder to load using my wife powered method.

Great blogging....Durk